Sleep tips to prepare for daylight saving time.
The spring forward to daylight saving time will happen at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 8.
With some advance preparation, you can minimize the effects of the change to daylight saving time. This week you should:
1. Go to bed 15 or 20 minutes earlier each night before the time change.
2. Begin to adjust the timing of other daily routines that are “time cues” for your body.
3. This Saturday night, set your clocks ahead one hour in the early evening. Then go to sleep at your normal bedtime.
4. After the time change, head outdoors for some early morning sunlight on Sunday.
5. Stick to your usual bedtime to get plenty of sleep before the workweek begins on Monday.
Losing an hour of sleep during the time change can disrupt your body clock. This can make it difficult to get enough sleep during the following workweek.